Brazil to Canada
Brazil’s and Canada’s diplomatic connection started in 1941. Since then, trade and investment between those two countries have increased steadily. Not only trade connects Brazil and Canada. There has been an exchange in human rights, health, education, environment, security, agriculture, technology, and other sectors.
The values and interests the countries share have led to a fruitful and successful partnership.
In the last two decades, the number of Brazilian citizens who visit, work or study in Canada has been steadily increasing. The Brazilian Canadian community a symbol of the relationship between these two countries.
Canada is getting more and more popular with Brazil’s students. It is a top destination for students who want to advance their English skills.
Studying abroad, the experiences you gain and the language skills you will acquire, will help you in achieving your career goals.
What has Canada’s education system to offer?
Canada offers educational opportunities for Brazilian students in
- English as a Second Language Programs (ESL),
- High School,
- and University.
Study Programs in Canada with a chance of work experience, especially paid internships, are in high demand.
A quick search will reveal, there are more than 258 scholarships, fellowships or grants for Brazilian students available in Canada. With the Humber College and the Dalhousie University actively addressing Brazilian students to attend their programs.
International students come to Canada, because of
- the quality of the Canadian education system.
- Canada’s tolerant and non-discriminatory society.
- Canada’s diverse and multicultural lifestyle.
- the public safety of the country.
- economic prosperity.
Canada offers a high living standard, high-tech industry. It is a safe and welcoming nation with more than 35 million people and 100 different cultures.
Make Canada your study destination!
- 572,415 international students studying in Canada (2018)
- 2 % of international students come from Brazil.
What do international students say about Canada?
- 96% recommend Canada as a study location.
- 60% want to apply for permanent residence after their studies.
- Ready to plan your studies in Canada? This brings us to the next topic: Canada study permit.
Why do I need a Canada study permit?
A study permit allows you to study at your designated learning institute in Canada. You will need to apply for it before you start your traveling to Canada. With a study permit approval, you will be issued a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
- A study permit is not a visa.
- A visa allows you to enter and stay in Canada.
- A study permit allows you to study in Canada.
How long can I stay in Canada with a study permit?
The length of your study permit depends on your study program. It will be as long as your study program plus an extra 90 days. These additional 90 days will give you time to either leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
Study Permit Length = Lengths of your study program + 90 days
What happens if you have to take prerequisite courses?
If you are taking prerequisite courses before your main program starts, your study permit will be valid for the length of those courses, plus 1 year.
Study Permit Length = Lengths of your prerequisite courses + 1 year
As soon as you get accepted into your chosen study program, you should apply to extend your stay as a student.
What if I finish my studies earlier/later then my study permit is valid?
If you finish your studies faster, you permit will stop being valid for the additional 90 days after you completed your studies. The date on your completion letter, transcript or degree/diploma is the day that counts.
If you need more time with your studies, apply to extend your stay as a student before the date on your permit.
Traveling while being a student in Canada?
Of course, you can visit your family or travel while you are an international student. When you return, you will have to prove you are still enrolled in your school. Always check your visitor visa or eTA.
Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply to a study permit if
- You have to clear Language (English/French) Proficiency test
- You are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI).
- You have the necessary funds to pay for tuition, living expenses, transportation costs.
- You have no criminal record.
- You are in good health and have a medical exam (if required).
- You will conduct an interview with an immigration officer at the border.
What requirements do I have to fulfill during my stay in Canada?
During your time studying in Canada, you have to
- Make progress towards completing your program.
- Respect all conditions listed on your study permit.
- Stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements.
- Leave Canada when your permit expires.
Conditions in your study permit depend on your case.
It can affect your ability:
- To work and
- To travel within Canada.
How do I apply for the study permit?
You can apply online or in-person. However, online applications are faster, easier to update, cheaper, and you can track your status.
Canada Study Permit Refusals
About 30 % of all applications are rejected, according to the IRCC.
Why do some permits get refused?
- Financial funds
- IRCC is not convinced that the applicant will leave Canada
- The chosen study programs
- Letter of acceptance
- Travel documents
- Travel history
- Family relationships
- Employment prospects
What Can I Do If My Study Permit Application Is Refused?
If your study permit application is refused by IRCC, there are two courses of action you can take:
1. Appeal the refusal, or.
2. Address the reason(s) it was refused in a new application.
To be successful either way, you first need to understand why your application was refused. Usually, the main reason for refusal will be listed in the refusal letter you receive. Additionally, you can request access to the notes the visa officer reviewing your file made.
Enhance your Application with us
Do you think you are all set to start your studies? Do you have the right paperwork to show at your point of entry in Canada?
Applying for the right visa can be scary and frustrating. Dealing with immigration deadline, following the requirements, getting the right kind of documents, and fighting your way through confusing “immigration language” is a struggle.
North Vista Immigration Consultations Inc. can help you and set you up for success. We will help and guide you through the immigration jungle. We are a licensed immigration agency with years of experience.
Fill out our assessment form and we will do our part in your immigration story.