Canada announced an innovative pathway to permanent residence for over 90,000 essential workers and international graduates who are actively contributing to Canada’s economy.
Stream will open 6th of May 2021 Until 5th Nov 2021
These special public policies will grant permanent status to temporary workers and international graduates who are already in Canada
The focus of this new pathway will be on temporary workers employed in our hospitals and long-term care homes and on the frontlines of other essential sectors, as well as international graduates who are driving the economy of tomorrow.
Conditions (eligibility requirements) applicable to international Student
If you are an International Student you have
Must have completed an eligible Canadian post-secondary program from Designated Learning Institutions in Canada within the last 4 years, and no earlier than January 2017.
- Must have completed A degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, diploma, or certificate)
- Be employed in Canada with a valid work permit, no experience required
- Have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5
- Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status
Conditions (eligibility requirements) applicable to principal applicants
Based on public policy considerations, delegated officers may grant permanent resident status to foreign nationals who meet the following conditions.
- Have accumulated at least one (1) year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours), in Canada, in an eligible occupation listed below.
- Be employed in Canada in any occupation at the time that the application for permanent residence is received.
- Have attained a level of proficiency of at least CLB 4 in either official language.
- Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status.
- Intend to reside in a province or territory other than Quebec.
- Have submitted their application for permanent residence under this public policy using electronic means (apply online).
- The foreign national is not inadmissible under the Act and Regulations.
As of May 6, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will begin accepting applications under the following three streams:
20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care
30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations
40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian educational institution
Eligible Health-Related Occupations
Eligible health care occupations include all broad occupational category 3 occupations (Health occupations) from the National Occupational Classification (NOC) with the exception of Veterinarians (NOC 3114) and Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213). Five occupations from broad occupational category 4 (Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services) are also eligible occupations.
Other Eligible Essential Occupations
66 – Sales support occupations
72- Industrial, electrical and construction trades
74 – Other installers, repairers and servicers and material handlers
75 – Transport and heavy equipment operation and related maintenance occupations
76 – Trades helpers, construction labourers and related occupations
86 – Harvesting, landscaping and natural resources labourers
Click here to see complete NOC codes:
If you want to know more about the new pathway program, or if you want us to represent your application, please contact us today and allow us to help you to achieve Canada’s Permanent Residency.