Frequently Asked Questions

Do you want to work, study, visit, travel through or live permanently in Canada?
Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for. Each immigration program has different application and eligibility requirements. You will need about 10-15 minutes to complete the form.
You may be asked questions about your:
• Nationality
• Age
• Language ability
• Family members
• Education
• Work experience
• Income and/or net worth
• Details on any job offer
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
If you are eligible, we will give you a detailed list of instructions on what to do next.
To become a Canadian citizen, you must:
• Be a permanent resident
• Have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
• Have filed your taxes, if you need to
• Pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
• Prove your language skills
• Depending on your situation, there may be additional requirements.
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as
permanent residents.

If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:

Meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,
Support your relative financially and
Make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parents or grandparents to become permanent residents under the Family Class.

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your
parent or grandparent. You are responsible for supporting your parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your parent or grandparent
does not need to seek social assistance from the government.



Language ability,

Family members,


Work experience,

Details on any job offer ,

No. As of November 19, 2016, a valid job offer for Express Entry only needs to be for one year or more.

Job offers must still be:

at the NOC 0, A or B level
from one employer for the FSW or CEC, or up to two employers for the FST
supported by an LMIA (if you need one) or be for a candidate that is exempt from needing one.


What language test do I need for Express Entry?

Before you complete an Express Entry profile, you need to take a language test. This will show that your language skills meet minimum requirements in each of these four categories:

reading and
You will then need to include the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile.


Study permit: Who can apply

Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you:

Language Proficiency
For English - IELTS (A) / CELPIP
For French - TEF / TCF

Proof of financial support

Minimum Education
Grade 12 / Bachelor's degree / Diploma / Postgraduate

The Student Direct Stream (SDS) is an expedited study permit processing program available to legal residents living in China, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Morocco, Senegal or Vietnam, who want to study in Canada at a post-secondary designated learning institution (DLI) and who meet specific requirements by providing upfront documentation.
The processing time for SDS applications is generally 20 calendar days. Processing starts after receipt of a complete application and biometrics.

SDS Eligibility requirements

• To be a legal resident living in China, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Morocco, Senegal or Vietnam
• Have a Letter of acceptance from a post-secondary DLI
• Have a proof of payment of tuition fees for the first year of study
• Live outside of Canada while applying
• Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000 or more
• Get a medical exam before applying (if needed)
• Get a police certificate before applying (if needed)
• Have the most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
• Have a valid language test result

Entrepreneurship rates have increased by 80% for people under 35 since 2014
Entrepreneurship activity among newcomers to Canada is increasing twice the rate of Canadian born Entrepreneurship
Woman's entrepreneurship is growing 3.1 times faster than men. About 39% of entrepreneurship are now woman up from 14% 40 years ago.
Immigration policies in Canada support entrepreneurship and Startups at the provincial and federal level.
Vibrant multicultural cities like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver
Stable and predictable business environment and CLEAR predictable rules for foreign investment
Lowest overall Business costs in the G7
Canada has a highly educated workforce and the Government strongly supports development of skills and global talent mobility
Preferred access to an increasing share of the global economy via our many free trades agreement
Well reputed transportation infrastructures by both rail, sea and air
Various Programs in both Federal and Provincial Government

Federal Entrepreneur Programs

Start up Visas

Provincial Entrepreneur Programs

Provincial Nominee Programs
Quebec Investors and Entrepreneurs


Must have legally acquired net assets of at least C$2,000,000
Have Management Experience for at least two years in the last five years
Sign an Investment agreement with a financial intermediary
Make a five-year term investment of C$1,200,00

All members of NVI are licensed immigration consultants. They are licensed by ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council)
Professional guidance with highest regard for integrity and candor.
Languages we speak are: English, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Urdu, Punjabi.NVI members have years of experience in various immigration categories such as
(FSWP, FSTP, Refugee, Entrepreneur, Investor, Temporary Visas) handling clients from different countries of the world.
NVI is based in Canada and current on information pertaining Canadian immigration law.
Book a consultation