Farm Owner and Operator Application
This is a provincial immigration stream of Saskatchewan province. This is an ideal stream for foreign nationals with farm management and ownership experience outside and who would like to own and operate a farm business in Canada.
- Have a personal net worth of at least $300,000 (CAD) that can be verified.
- Have accumulated your net worth legally.
- Be under the age of 40 at the time of your application.
- Have at least three years experience in:
- Farm ownership;
- Farm management; or
- Practical farming experience.
- Provide a documented proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity.
- In addition to all the above, you or your spouse must have marketable employment skills, based on education and experience that allows you to supplement your farming income.
Refundable Cash Deposit: You must sign a Performance Agreement. By doing this, you’ll be committing to purchase and actively operating a farm operation in Saskatchewan. You’ll also need to make a “good faith” deposit of $75,000 (CAD) in trust. The cash deposit will be returned to you when you’ve met the terms of the Performance Agreement. If you don’t meet the terms within two years of landing in Saskatchewan, the deposit will be forfeited to the Province.
Mandatory visit to Saskatchewan: You’ll need to make a comprehensive exploratory visit to Saskatchewan for no less than five working days. You must meet with an SINP representative on your visit.
Source: SINP website