International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
This is a recently launched category by the province of Saskatchewan. Through the International Graduate Entrepreneur Category, you can apply to the SINP if you are an international student graduating from a Saskatchewan institution who wants to become an entrepreneur.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Eligibility Criteria which is as follows:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have completed a full-time Saskatchewan post-secondary degree or diploma of at least two years in length from a recognized and eligible Saskatchewan institution.
- Have a valid Post-Graduate Work Permit with no less than 24 months of eligibility remaining.
- Have resided in Saskatchewan during their academic program (no distance-learning programs or accelerated academic program are eligible).
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7.
Applicants who meet minimum eligibility criteria and are invited to apply must have and be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of their Business Establishment Plan (BEP).
1. Reside in Saskatchewan.
2. Actively own and operate an eligible business in Saskatchewan for at least one (1) year prior to applying for nomination.
3. Own at least one third (33 1/3%) of the equity of the business and provide active and on-going participation in the day to day management and direction of the business. Ownership must be the result of a verifiable investment made directly by the applicant, either from their own equity or from an eligible source.