Quebec Entrepreneur Program
There are two streams for this program:
- You must settle in Québec to create and operate a business for which you have already received a service offer from a business accelerator or incubator or a university entrepreneurship center. You can carry out your project alone or with others, up to a maximum of three other foreign nationals who have submitted applications for permanent selection as entrepreneurs for the same project.
- You must present your business project in the form of a business plan, as well as a service offer.
- You must settle in Québec to create or acquire and operate a business.
- You must also have a minimum net worth of CAD $900,000, alone or with your spouse or de facto spouse, and you must demonstrate that this money has been legally acquired.
- If you choose to create a business, you must own and control at least 25% of its equity capital. If you choose to acquire a business, you must own and control at least 51% of its equity capital.
Your application will also be assessed on the basis of other factors and criteria including:
- level of education
- French and English language skills
- Financial self-sufficiency
- Visits to Québec
- Family in Québec
Source: Quebec Immigration Official website